Software Validation Engineer
At ubiworx™, we are expanding our team dedicated to the development and operations of our IoT gateways and cloud services. We are seeking an experienced Software Validation Engineer to join our development team. This team uses agile development processes and leading edge technologies to deliver IoT edge applications with internal microservices, authentication, authorization, IoT data processing and streaming, that are critical to the data collection and IoT device management for many of our customers.
In this role you will:
- Test software to customer/company specifications and designs.
- Develop reusable and maintainable scripts to perform functional tests to achieve maximum code coverage.
- Execute automated tests using automation server and document the results of the tests.
- Evaluate test results and use tracking software to report and track software issues/bugs.
- Work with the development team to ensure the validation of the software meets the customer requirements.
- Create quality system documentation based on customer/company requirements.
- Specify, document, and perform user acceptance testing.
Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or software support experience.
- Experience in the creation and execution of test procedures.
- Experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools such as Jenkins are used.
ubiworx™ is a leader in the IoT space with software technology running on embedded systems to create IoT Gateways that bridge sensors and actuators to data storage and reporting systems in the cloud to form complete end-to-end IoT enabled solutions. We are based in the Nexus Innovation Centre on the University of Limerick campus, driving innovation in the renewable energy and smart home automation sectors. ubiworx™ is part of Lightsource BP, a global leader in large-scale solar projects and smart energy solutions.