At ubiworx™, we are expanding our team dedicated to the development and operations of our IoT gateways and cloud services. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our development team. This team is very agile and using cutting edge technologies to deliver internal microservices, including authentication, authorization, IoT data processing and streaming, that are critical to the data collection and IoT device management for many of our customers.
In this role you will:
- Contribute, design and develop software for the edge side of embedded IoT systems.
- Enable new hardware devices to be used including adding support for new wired and wireless protocols.
- Perform run-time debugging, performance profiling and performance optimisation of code.
- Work with the validation team to ensure the validation of the software meets the customer requirements.
- Create and execute automated unit test, integration test and system test scripts.
- Provide high level technical customers support, when needed.
- Collaborate with other teams located at various countries along the world.
Skills & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Proficient in programing languages C and C++ for both GNU/Linux systems and bare metal microcontrollers.
- Proficient in scripting languages like Bash, Lua, Python or similar.
- Experience of software version control systems and bug trackers including Git and Jira.
- Experience in coding real-time, multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-core processor applications.
- Basic GNU/Linux systems administration knowledge.
- Experience in networking protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP and Ethernet
- Basic understanding of electronics and computer architecture fundamentals.
- Understanding of wireless protocols such as Zigbee and Bluetooth would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device drivers would also be beneficial
ubiworx™ is a leader in the IoT space with software technology running on embedded systems to create IoT Gateways that bridge sensors and actuators to data storage and reporting systems in the cloud to form complete end-to-end IoT enabled solutions. We are based in the Nexus Innovation Centre on the University of Limerick campus, driving innovation in the renewable energy and smart home automation sectors. ubiworx™ is part of Lightsource BP, a global leader in large-scale solar projects and smart energy solutions.